Recap: Metro Telephone Town Hall Meetings on Potential Ballot Measure
Metro’s Board of Directors hosted series of live, interactive telephone town hall meetings between May 4 and 18 to discuss the Metro’s potential transportation ballot measure. In case you missed it, you may listen to the audio recording of the telephone town hall meeting.
On Monday, May 16, Mike Bonin, L.A. City Councilmember talked to residents in the western portion of the City of Los Angeles including the communities of Brentwood, Del Rey, Mar Vista, Pacific Palisades, Playa Del Rey, West Los Angeles, Westchester, and Venice.
On May 18, Sheila Kuehl, Los Angeles County Supervisor talked to residents in the cities of Agoura Hills, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Hidden Hills, Malibu, San Fernando, Santa Monica, West Hollywood and Westlake Village as well as portions of the west side and the San Fernando Valley.
Congratulations to City of Beverly Hills on Bike Share Launch!
The City of Beverly Hills celebrated with a ribbon cutting ceremony on the launch of the city’s bike share pilot program on May 10th.
The bike share system includes 50 smart bikes with onboard technology and 100 bike docking racks in several locations citywide. Riders can use the ’Social Bicycles’ smart phone app (download from app store) or www.BeverlyHillsBikeShare.com website to signup, find available bikes and docking stations and reserve bikes. The bikes can be returned to a Beverly Hills Bike Share station for free or at any public bike rack for a small fee. Bike Share docking stations:
- City Hall-1 (North Crescent Drive at South Santa Monica Boulevard entrance)
- City Hall-2 (North Santa Monica Boulevard between Crescent Drive and Rexford Drive)
- Wells Fargo Bank adjacent (North Camden Drive immediately south of South Santa Monica Boulevard)
- Beverly Hills Courthouse (Civic Center Drive between Burton Way and Third Street)
- Chase Bank adjacent (corner of Wilshire Boulevard and North Beverly Drive, west of Montage Hotel)
- 280 South Beverly Drive (corner of South Beverly Drive and Gregory Way)
- 331 North Maple Drive (corner of Third Street and Maple Drive across from the Beverly Hills post office)
The Beverly Hills Bike Share program is compatible with the bike share system in the City of Santa Monica and future adjacent jurisdictions. For more information email email@example.com or call Transportation Planning at (310) 285-1161.
May WSCCOG Board Meeting (Agenda)
The next scheduled WSCCOG Board meeting will be held on
Thursday, May 12
City of Beverly Hills
Municipal Gallery, 2nd Floor
455 North Rexford Drive
12:00pm – Board Luncheon
12:15pm – Meeting
1:30pm – Adjourn